The District Energy team at BOND Building Construction, Inc. (BOND) is actively searching for a Traveling Superintendent to perform central energy plant projects mostly in a higher education/campus setting. Projects will be throughout the Northeast and Mid-Atlantic regions with an immediate need in the Central/Upstate NY area. BOND is one of the most respected and experienced builders of mission-critical central energy plants (steam, chilled water, CHP). As a 5th generation, family-owned company whose core purpose is to Build a Better Society through Enduring Relationships, this unique opportunity will provide the right candidate the platform to help us deliver world-class projects that have a positive impact for future generations.
The Traveling Superintendent’s primary role is to site supervise, oversee, plan and ensure the success of the construction job. Responsible for the planning, organizing, and control of the project(s). Continuously completes quality inspections of all related work and materials, and ensures that the budget, design and schedule is followed and met. Monitors and supervises all operations, workers and subcontractors, reporting the progress of the project to BOND and the client. Must successfully meet the time, quality and financial obligations of the job in a safe environment.
- Lead and manage the total construction operations
- Ensure that all health and safety project plans are implemented
- Track the project spending and budgets (materials and labor)
- Lead and supervise the workers and monitor work performance
- Liaise with external agents and inspectors and meet required standards in terms of licenses, safety and any other obligations
- Work collaboratively with management, keeping them informed of progress and summarizing information and trends
- Manage all subcontractor relationships
- Meet and enforce all safety rules and regulations
- Provide input and assistance with pre-job planning, strategizing and conceptual scheduling
- Mentor subordinates and promote team atmosphere reflecting BOND’s values
- BS in engineering or related discipline or equivalent work experience in the Construction Industry
- Requires exceptional leadership, interpersonal skills and ability to maintain positive working relationships
- Builder’s License and Construction Supervisor credentials
- Possesses extensive knowledge of the Owner Contract, drawings, subcontractor agreements, scope and risk management mitigation
- Exhibits a thorough understanding of construction processes and best practices including issues such as complicated earth retention systems, foundations, support of adjacent structures and winter work
- Demonstrated experience with scheduling process and use of a project plan
- Must be detail-oriented, organized, flexible, and able to effectively multitask while working in a fast-paced environment
- Must have excellent time management and prioritization skills to ensure deadlines are met while providing accurate deliverables
- Must have a robust knowledge of Microsoft Office (Excel, Word, PowerPoint, and Outlook)
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit; use hands to finger, handle or feel; reach with hands and arms; and talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to sit; climb or balance; and stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl. The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 10 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.