The Sr. Project Manager’s primary role is to provide overall administrative and technical direction for all projects. Working closely with the entire team (specifically with the Superintendent), the Sr. PM will direct and participate in all aspects of project delivery including estimating, cost management, budget forecasting, scheduling, subcontract negotiations and client management. The Sr. PM is responsible for leading all aspects of a project’s construction phase and serves as the primary point person for daily interaction with the client and design team. Also has senior management responsibility for development and oversight of team and delivery of a multi-phased project on a fast-track basis. Projects generally range in size from $35-$120M.
- Develop strong proactive relationship with clients
- Communicates timely to client about change orders, schedule, contracts, etc.
- Act as a trusted advisor to the Project Team, Owner and Architect
- Perform all aspects of project-related cost management
- Assist in the development and maintenance of the construction schedule. Monitor schedule and collaborate with team and subcontractors to meet milestones
- Implement and participate in the company’s Safety Program
- Manage the Value Engineering process
- Analyze work load and staffing levels proactively and work to resolve issues related to manpower
- Track and manage insurance and subcontractor agreements and act as a business partner
- Work with senior management by keeping them informed summarizing information and trends
- Understand and implement best practices regarding staffing, performance management, EEO and non- discrimination
- Promote a team atmosphere and display BOND values consistently
- BS in Engineering or related degree (advanced degree helpful) or equivalent work experience
- Must have strong experience in management of large, high-risk projects and/or multiple projects
- Broad experience and technical skills in many relevant disciplines (estimating, preconstruction, field operations, management and project accounting/finance)
- Proven client relationship and management skills
- Thorough knowledge of MEP systems and complex structures
- Excellent written and verbal communications, presentation and influencing skills
- Must have a robust knowledge of Primavera, Scheduling Software, Document Management Software, MS Project software and Microsoft Office (Excel, Word, Power Point, and Outlook)
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to walk and sit; use hands to finger, handle or feel; reach with hands and arms; and talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to sit; climb or balance; and stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl. The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 10 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.