The Assistant MEP Estimator assists with a variety of MEP estimating tasks, moving into full responsibility as training progresses.
- Create bid invites and send out to chosen subcontractor lists.
- Follow-up with subs and vendors by phone.
- Review plans, specifications RFI’s, schedules, and other documents to understand a project’s requirements.
- Perform takeoff using OST (onscreen takeoff)
- Populate estimate in Excel or WinEst
- Create scope sheets for vendors and subs.
- Review scopes in meetings with subcontractors, design teams, and clients.
- Evaluate pricing and scope to produce a complete scope and purchase.
- BS in mechanical engineering or electrical engineering or equivalent combinations of technical training and/or equivalent experience
- Demonstrate knowledge of the regional construction market and a keen understanding of costs and pricing
- Ability to work successfully in a team environment
- Must be detail-oriented, organized, flexible, and able to effectively multitask while working in a fast-paced environment
- Must have excellent time management and prioritization skills
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit; use hands to finger, handle or feel; reach with hands and arms; and talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to stand and walk. The employee must regularly lift or move objects up to 10 pounds and may lift or move objects up to 25 pounds.