The District Energy team at BOND Building Construction, Inc. (BOND) is actively searching for a Project Manager to perform a central energy plant project in Syracuse, NY. BOND is one of the most respected and experienced builders of mission-critical central energy plants (steam, chilled water, CHP). As a 5th generation, family-owned company whose core purpose is to Build a Better Society through Enduring Relationships, this unique opportunity will provide the right candidate the platform to help us deliver world-class projects that have a positive impact for future generations.
The Project Manager’s primary role is to provide overall administrative and technical direction for all projects. Working closely with the team (specifically with the Superintendent), the PM will manage all phases of project delivery including cost management, budget forecasting, scheduling and subcontract negotiations. The PM is responsible for leading all aspects of a project’s construction phase and serves as the point person for daily interaction with the client and design team. Also has management responsibility for development and oversight of team.
Salary Range: $125,000 – $160,000
- Perform all aspects of project-related cost management
- Assist in the development and maintenance of the construction schedule. Monitor schedule and collaborate with team and subcontractors to meet milestones
- Support the company’s Safety Program and participate in Safety training and meetings
- Analyze workload and staffing levels proactively and work to resolve issues related to manpower
- Develop strong relationship with Client by constant communication of schedules, financials and construction progress
- Track and manage insurance and subcontractor agreements — acts as a business partner
- Keep management informed by providing monthly cost reports including forecasting of labor and subcontractor exposure
- Assist in the developing, tracking and completing the project QA/QC program
- BS in Engineering or related degree or equivalent work experience
- Must have strong skills in understanding strategy of the “Master Project Plan” with ability to anticipate issues and opportunities
- Demonstrated knowledge of construction cycle related to aspects of full scope of work, estimates, plans and specifications
- Be able to proactively influence and establish positive working relationships with clients, unions, subcontractors and BOND employees
- Must be detail-oriented, organized, flexible, and able to effectively multitask while working in a fast-paced environment
- Possesses excellent time management and prioritization skills to ensure deadlines are met while providing accurate deliverables
- OSHA 30-Hour Training
- Must have a robust knowledge of Primavera, Scheduling Software, Document Management Software, MS Project software and Microsoft Office (Excel, Word, Power Point, and Outlook)
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit; use hands to finger, handle or feel; reach with hands and arms; and talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to sit; climb or balance; and stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl. The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 10 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.