The Project Engineer’s primary role is to provide extensive technical support to the Project Manager and Field Staff to ensure project delivery.
- Update and maintain all project-related documents including shop drawings, subcontracts, change requests, labor rate sheets, RFI’s, submittals, etc.
- Keep progress prints current and post all drawing changes weekly
- Track material deliveries to the site and maintain purchase and delivery logs while anticipating needs
- Responsible for analysis and quality control of all project documents (submittals, RFI Log, shop drawings, contract changes)
- Support the PM in analysis and coordination of progress documents, bulletins and record documents
- Work collaboratively with management by providing monthly cost reports including forecasting of labor and subcontractor exposure as requested
- Adhere to the company’s safety program
- BS in Engineering or related discipline or equivalent work experience
- Understanding of Contract Documents, including Owner Contract and Subcontracts. Experience with Document Control Software
- Possess knowledge of drawings, subcontractor agreements, scope and risk management mitigation.
- Exhibit a general understanding of construction processes and best practices
- Experience with scheduling process and use of a project plan
- Basic understanding and experience with surveying equipment and lay out work
- Must be detail-oriented, organized, flexible, and able to effectively multitask while working in a fast-paced environment
- Must have excellent time management and prioritization skills to ensure deadlines are met while providing accurate deliverables
- Must have a robust knowledge of document control software and Microsoft Office (Excel, Word, Power Point, and Outlook)