The Vice President of Client Development leads the overall business development and marketing effort associated with strategic client development in all Sectors for BOND Building Construction (BBC). Reporting to the President of the BBC, this position works collaboratively with senior leadership to develop BOND’s account-based management strategy which focuses on establishing enduring relationships in both mature and emerging markets. The Vice President-Client Development leads a team of professionals with both marketing and business development backgrounds to meet the current needs of all Sectors and develop growth strategies for existing and new Sectors to exceed the overall goals for the company.
- Establish Account Based Management process for each Sector that will create long term client-focused relationships
- Establish and implement strategic marketing presence to ensure BBC is well known in the industry through website, social media, event participation, etc.
- Lead overall sales process with Senior Leadership team
- Strategically enhance existing or develop new relationships with our target clients.
- Participate in the overall planning for the yearly business portfolio and future pipeline.
- Work with the senior leadership to implement opportunity pursuit strategies.
- Prepare and execute business development and marketing action plans to support the business portfolio.
- Actively manage the Salesforce CRM system to ensure all information is accurate and up to date.
- Develop reports from the Salesforce CRM system to maintain the appropriate focus on priorities, enlisting senior leadership where appropriate.
- Develop strategies and forums to keep BOND key personnel engaged in industry-related venues.
- Establish and maintain a strong industry network of clients and professional colleagues.
- Participate in the Proposal Generation and Interview/Presentation Preparation process to ensure the most accurate client information is being included to increase BOND’s chances of winning.
- Lead, manage, and mentor marketing and client development team/staff creating a collaborative partnership both within the group and across all sectors.
- Four-year degree with marketing/sales emphasis, building industry emphasis or equivalent work experience and industry knowledge. (MBA or Master’s Degree in related field a plus)
- Strong leadership and management skills
- Significant Client Development experience
- Experience with CRM systems (“Salesforce” experience a plus)
- Strong Microsoft Office skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Interpersonal skills with an emphasis on client relationships
- Strong organizational and follow-through skills
- Excellent time management skills
- Flexibility and ability to work as a Team Player in a Matrix Organization. Ability to delegate tasks and manage accountability while maintaining a professional and supportive management style
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit; use hands to finger, handle or feel; reach with hands and arms; and talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to stand and walk. The employee must regularly lift or move objects up to 10 pounds and may lift or move objects up to 25 pounds.