The District Energy team at BOND Building Construction, Inc. (BOND) is actively searching for a Traveling Assistant Project Manager to perform central energy plant projects mostly in a higher education/campus setting. Projects will be throughout the Northeast and Mid-Atlantic regions with an immediate need in the Central/Upstate NY area. BOND is one of the most respected and experienced builders of mission-critical central energy plants (steam, chilled water, CHP). As a 5th generation, family-owned company whose core purpose is to Build a Better Society through Enduring Relationships, this unique opportunity will provide the right candidate with the platform to help us deliver world-class projects that have a positive impact for future generations.
The Traveling APM’s primary role is to provide technical support to the Project Manager and Field Staff to ensure team receives all pertinent information and support necessary to deliver projects professionally, on time and within budget. Supports team with development and updating of project schedule. Actively participates in subcontractor management.
- Manage any needed documents related to the project (change orders, schedules, analysis, proposals, reports, etc.)
- Organize and track project costs with financial software system
- Check and monitor change order submissions for accuracy and consistency with agreed-upon scope documents
- Support the company’s Safety Program and participate in Safety training and meetings
- Track department spending and project budgets
- Work with management by keeping them informed, summarizing information and trends
- BS in Engineering or related degree or equivalent work experience
- Must have strong skills in reading and comprehending all contract drawings and specifications
- Understanding of construction process for scheduling and buy out of subcontractors and delivery schedules
- Be able to proactively establish positive working relationships
- Must be detail-oriented, organized, flexible, and able to effectively multitask while working in a fast-paced environment
- Possesses excellent time management and prioritization skills to ensure deadlines are met while providing accurate deliverables
- Must have a robust knowledge of Primavera, MS Project software and Microsoft Office (Excel, Word, PowerPoint, and Outlook)
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit; use hands to finger, handle or feel; reach with hands and arms; and talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to sit; climb or balance; and stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl. The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 10 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
Equal Employment Opportunity Policy
BOND has a culture of and is committed to treating its employees with dignity and respect and maintaining a work environment that lives by its core values: Integrity, Commitment, Teamwork, Innovation, and Excellence.
BOND is an equal opportunity employer and abides by the requirements of the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) and we are committed to accommodating those with disabilities. We prohibit discrimination and harassment of any type and afford equal employment opportunities to employees and applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex/gender, national origin, age, disability, ancestry, veteran status or military obligations, sexual orientation, reproductive health decision making, genetic information, protective hairstyles, domestic violence experience or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
If you need assistance or accommodation due to a disability, you may contact us at email@example.com or at 617-384-6400.