The Sr. Estimator provides supervision and leadership to division’s estimating efforts in accordance with the company’s long range strategic goals to grow the business.
- Assist corporate and project management in determining what types of projects to bid, strategies and techniques
- Experience in full estimating lifecycle from take-off to bid review
- Review all final estimate packages to ensure accuracy and completeness, prior to formal quotation
- Participate in presentations to corporate management and clients.
- May be responsible for “closing the sale”
- Provide technical assistance in negotiating contracts, change orders, etc., as required
- Assist in the preparation of studies, materials, methods, recommendations, and cost estimates as required
- Manage and administer department functions including operating budgets, staffing, salary reviews, work assignments, performance evaluations, etc.
- B.S. in civil engineering or equivalent combinations of technical training and/or equivalent experience
- Established relationships with vendors and subcontractors within the NJ, NYC, and CT region
- A thorough knowledge of corporate objectives impacting estimating, estimating strategies and techniques is required
- Ability to travel to NJ, NYC and CT when needed
- Must have knowledge of construction contracts
- Excellent organizational, supervisory, decision-making and problem-solving skills are essential
- Experience with heavy civil and utility construction including public works (airport, transit and bridges), gas and electrical transmission, energy plant construction is preferred
- Advanced management or technical training preferred
- Fluency in HCSS Heavy Bid Software is required
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit; use hands to finger, handle or feel; reach with hands and arms; and talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to stand and walk. The employee must regularly lift or move objects up to 10 pounds and may lift or move objects up to 25 pounds.
Equal Employment Opportunity Policy
BOND has a culture of and is committed to treating its employees with dignity and respect and maintaining a work environment that lives by its core values: Integrity, Commitment, Teamwork, Innovation, and Excellence.
BOND is an equal opportunity employer and abides by the requirements of the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) and we are committed to accommodating those with disabilities. We prohibit discrimination and harassment of any type and afford equal employment opportunities to employees and applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex/gender, national origin, age, disability, ancestry, veteran status or military obligations, sexual orientation, reproductive health decision making, genetic information, protective hairstyles, domestic violence experience or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
If you need assistance or accommodation due to a disability, you may contact us at email@example.com or at 617-384-6400.