The Senior MEP/Systems Manager will ensure that MEP/FP systems on assigned projects are installed with the highest level of quality and turned over to the owner in a fully and properly operational state.
- Lead the Mechanical, Electrical, Plumbing, and Fire Protection (MEP/FP) and associated systems through the pre-construction, construction, and turnover/closeout phases of a project
- Foster good working relationships with subcontractors and clients through timely and honest communication and mutual respect, and mentor junior personnel in their roles
- Develop and improve the processes and standards that we apply to projects on a daily basis
- Act as in-house consultant, providing insight into budget estimates, assisting with quotes and procurement issues, performing design review at various stages of design, reviewing and commenting on projected schedules, and performing such tasks as required to provide a high quality service to clients
- Assist the project team by reviewing the contract documents and issuing RFI’s to clear up ambiguities, and reviewing MEP/FP submittals for conformance with contract requirements.
- Drive the MEP coordination process, and perform and/or supervise QA/QC checks periodically throughout the construction process
- Manage the startup/commissioning/closeout process as these procedures are critical to the successful delivery of MEP/FP systems
- Develop and maintain positive relationships with MEP/FP subcontractors with an eye to ensuring that their systems are delivered with quality and timeliness
- Seek to effectively persuade subs who are resistant to BOND’s requests or directives
- Develop critical client relationships at the appropriate levels and positions, and actively work to reinforce BOND’s commitment to continually understand and address client needs, concerns, and goals
- Work collaboratively with outside parties as required to achieve the client’s goals
- Assist in Business Development efforts as needed, attend regularly scheduled department meetings to coordinate deliverables with the Director of Engineering Services, and attend selected industry events.
- Assist the Director as needed with initiatives, special projects, or specific department management tasks
- B.S. in Mechanical, Electrical, or related Engineering discipline
- 8+ years of experience with MEP/FP design, estimation, installation, commissioning
- Professional registration or ability to obtain preferred
- LEED accreditation or Lean Certification a plus
- Strong communication skills and proven leadership experience
- High attention to detail
- Excellent time management and prioritization skills to ensure deadlines
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit; use hands to finger, handle or feel; reach with hands and arms; and talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to sit; climb or balance; and stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl. The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 10 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus