Working under the management of the Chief Estimator, guided by the Project Executive and coached by the Preconstruction Manager, the Senior Estimator is responsible for development of the overall Project Estimate while providing (as applicable) management, training, and coaching of other Estimators assigned to the project Estimating Team. The Senior Estimator understands and promotes BOND’s Estimating Standard Operating Procedures including but not limited to Estimate development scheduling, preconstruction process flow, Estimate formats, IT tools, strategic selection of subcontractors and purchasing support. The Senior Estimator analyzes an array of construction documents, specifications, proposals, and other project documentation in order to produce a Best in Class Estimate proposal in response to the Client’s request and expectation. The Senior Estimator works with Clients, Architects, Engineers, Subcontractors and Suppliers to develop and/or nurture existing business relationships.
- The Senior Estimator is expected to have competent skills in interpreting documents, quantity take-off and pricing for CSI Divisions 1 through 14 and have developing skills in interpreting documents, quantity take-off and pricing for CSI Divisions 15 and 16.
- Participate in the development of the project’s preconstruction approach and strategy as led by the Project Executive and incorporate associated costs into the Project E Responsible for diffusing the preconstruction approach and strategy to all project Estimate participants.
- Using prior similar project experience and current project knowledge, partner with the Project Executive and Preconstruction Manager in the internal preconstruction effort.
- Within the framework of the BOND Standard Operation Procedures, the Senior Estimator is responsible for all aspects of estimate development- responding to the Client’s requests, managing support resources (estimating & operations support), controlling the Estimate deliverables (meetings/reviews, takeoffs/estimates, sub coverage, forms, document control, RFP requirements, etc…)
- The Senior Estimator works closely with the Estimating MEP team to coordinate and incorporate their scope, cost, and logistics items into each Estimate. As required, the Senior Estimator may develop the MEPFP scope of work and Estimates in support of the MEP team.
- Participate in the Purchasing process as assigned by the Project Executive.
- Develop/coach/mentor junior estimating staff.
- Seek continuing education opportunities (classes, seminars, conferences, webinars, certifications) to grow as an estimator and in turn foster the upward growth of BOND in the industry.
- Demonstrate proficiency at prioritizing tasks, managing multiple deadlines, determining level of priority and Estimate detail and use experience to determine appropriate levels of efficiency and accuracy.
- BS in Engineering, Construction Management or related degree or equivalent significant relevant work experience.
- Must have strong skills with ability to anticipate project issues and opportunities.
- Demonstrated knowledge of construction cycle related to aspects contract documents, Estimates, and schedule development.
- Be able to proactively influence and establish positive working relationships with all members of the Project Team, including Clients.
- Must be detail-oriented, organized, flexible, and able to effectively multitask while working in a fast-paced
- Possesses excellent time management and prioritization skills to ensure deadlines are met while providing accurate deliverables.
- OSHA 30-Hour Training is preferred.
- Must possess BOND’s Core Values: Integrity, Commitment, Teamwork, Innovation, and Excellence.
- Strong team building skills. Must demonstrate reliability, honesty, commitment, respect, ambition, motivation to learn, with a strong desire to develop as an Estimating professional.
- Effective communication skills.
- Capable of dealing with ambiguity and tight work oversight.
- Leadership capabilities that motivate team to exceed expectations.
- Superior problem-solving skills with ability to confidently and decisively act.
- The ability to constantly multi-task and handle competing priorities effectively.
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail evidenced by a strong command of all applicable project documents and estimate detail.
- Judgment to know when to appropriately escalate issues up to the Chief Estimator or Project Executive.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit; use hands to finger, handle or feel; reach with hands and arms; and talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to stand and walk. The employee must regularly lift or move objects up to 10 pounds and may lift or move objects up to 25 pounds.