The Sr. Electrical Estimator provides supervision and leadership to the division’s estimating efforts in accordance with the company’s long-range strategic goals to grow the business.
- Assist corporate and project management in determining what types of projects to bid, strategies, and techniques
- Review all final estimate packages to ensure accuracy and completeness, prior to formal quotation
- Participate in presentations to corporate management and clients
- Provide technical assistance in negotiating contracts, change orders, etc. as required
- Assist in the preparation of studies, materials, methods, recommendations, and cost estimates as required
- Manage and administer department functions including operating budgets, staffing, salary reviews, work assignments, performance evaluations, etc.
- B.S. in civil engineering or equivalent combinations of technical training and/or equivalent experience
- Experience should be in the local construction market
- Demonstrate knowledge of the regional construction market and a keen understanding of costs and pricing
- Knowledge of construction contracts is a must
- Excellent organizational, supervisory and decision-making and problem-solving skills are essential
- Experience in construction estimating and related functions preferred
- Ability to work successfully in a team environment
- Must be detail-oriented, organized, flexible, and able to effectively multitask while working in a fast-paced environment
- Must have excellent time management and prioritization skills
- Advanced management or technical training preferred
- Fluency in HCSS Heavy Bid Software is required
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit; use hands to finger, handle or feel; reach with hands and arms; and talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to stand and walk. The employee must regularly lift or move objects up to 10 pounds and may lift or move objects up to 25 pounds.
BOND is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.