The role of the Scheduling Manager is to provide overall scheduling support and technical direction for projects at Bond Building Construction. Act as a resource enabling project teams in Lean Construction efforts, support the business development efforts on project proposals, and assist / audit ongoing projects for compliance to scheduling standards.
- Maintain scheduling standards as necessary for industry best practice and operational excellence.
- Create proposal level schedules in collaboration with the proposed project team
- Assist and provide guidance to project teams on schedule development, updates, requisition, claims management.
- Analyze impacts to schedule using fragnets.
- Train employees in scheduling techniques and software for consistent CPM development
- Quality assurance reviews of project team lead schedules
- Maintain a scheduling database of representative projects; develop standardized templates for different project types
- Organize a schedule for reporting using a potential claim management tool.
- Set up and facilitate Pull Planning sessions with project team
- Use ‘Last Planner’ software to manage and document the pull planning process.
- Manage cost-loaded and resource-loaded schedules.
- Work with VDC team to integrate 4D schedule / modeling for visualization purposes
- B.S. in Engineering or related discipline. Extensive project experience may be substituted for degree.
- AGC CM-Lean Certification preferred but not required
- Expert in Oracle/Primavera P6 and Microsoft Project software
- Broad construction experience and technical skills
- Demonstrated management of large high-risk projects or multiple projects
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, and proven client relationship skills.
- The ability to implement, analyze and explain the Critical Path Method. Needs to know proper use of durations, scheduling logic, lags, float, constraints, etc. that drive critical path
- Knowledge of calendars and code structures
- Knows what to ask and how to ask for creation of schedule and subsequent updates
- The ability to understand and sequence work in the most efficient manner
- The ability to lead people and gather opposing viewpoints for the best interests of the project.