The Safety Manager’s primary role is to work with the assigned project teams and to oversee, plan and ensure the safety compliance of the construction project. Safety Managers will develop service plans for each assigned project including orientation and inspection schedules. Safety Managers shall ensure project risk assessments our complete and work with the Safety Director on project Health and Safety Plans and Emergency Procedures. The Safety Manager will attend project kick off meeting and review subcontractor’s safety materials for the job. Safety Managers shall establish relationships with the Owner’s Safety personnel and meet regularly throughout the course of the project. Will ensure the project is properly set up within constructsecure and work with Safety Support Services to maintain. Continuously completes safety inspections of all projects and ensures each item is successfully addressed and closed out within the constructsecure system. Monitors and supervises all operations, workers and subcontractors, reporting the safety compliance of the project to BOND and the client. Conduct incident investigations and 7 step review meetings.
- Lead and manage the BOND Safety Plan on a project level
- Ensure that all health and safety project plans are implemented and track the project’s safety compliance
- Liaise with external agents and inspectors related to safety and health
- Work collaboratively with project management on the safe planning of the work while keeping them informed of issues and summarizing information and trends
- Manage all subcontractor safety-related issues along with project management
- Meet and enforce all safety rules and regulations
- Provide input and assistance with pre-task planning, strategizing and conceptual scheduling
- Mentor subordinates and promote team atmosphere reflecting BOND’s values
- Produce regular safety inspections within Constructsecure
- Conducts accident investigations and follow up with Safety Support Services
- BS in Occupational Safety or related discipline or equivalent work experience in the Construction Industry
- Requires exceptional leadership, interpersonal skills and ability to maintain positive working relationships
- Possesses extensive knowledge of the Owner Contract, drawings, subcontractor agreements, scope and risk management mitigation
- Exhibits a thorough understanding of construction processes and best practices.
- Must be a competent public speaker and safety trainer
- Must be detail-oriented, organized, flexible, and able to effectively multitask while working in a fast-paced environment
- Must have excellent time management and prioritization skills to ensure deadlines are met while providing accurate deliverables
- Must have a robust knowledge of Microsoft Office (Excel, Word, PowerPoint, and Outlook)
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit; use hands to finger, handle or feel; reach with hands and arms; and talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to sit; climb or balance; and stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl. The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 10 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.