The Reality Capture Specialist is responsible for assisting the Reality Capture Team in daily operation of Reality Capture (3D Laser Scanning) with a primary focus on Building Information Modeling. The Specialist is responsible for coordination with team members to ensure timely and accurate delivery of various BIM deliverables for use in MEP Coordination or directly for Architecture, Engineering, and Owner clients. This position works under the Reality Capture Manager in a secondary role.
- Demonstrate an ability to manage workload and multiple deliverables
- Ability to work in a team/collaborative environment
- Works independently and able to make decisions with limits of authority
- Building Information Modelling – development of Building Information Models using various 3D modeling programs, primarily Autodesk Revit, for various construction & design related tasks
- Visualization and Marketing – aid in the creation of marketing materials and presentations including: 2D logistics (Adobe Creative Suite) or 3D renderings and visualizations (primarily Lumion); attend conferences and networking events to increase market opportunities
Secondary Responsibilities (Optional, Training Available):
- Laser Scanning & Photogrammetry – perform field-based capture of 3D spatial point cloud data using terrestrial FARO laser scanners & drone-based photogrammetry for use in existing conditions BIM development and the construction QA/QC process
- Surveying – perform field-based project control using Total Stations to maintain accuracies in the laser scanning and photogrammetry processes; perform QA/QC and layout on various construction projects.
- Photogrammetry – perform field-based drone photography for use in marketing materials and 3D photogrammetry data Requires successful passing of the FAA Part 107 UAS Operator Exam.
- Bachelor’s degree and/or equivalent experience in Architecture, Engineering, or Construction Management
- Revit certification preferred, but not required
- Understanding of architectural, structural or mechanical drawings as well as understanding of BIM and 3D modelling
- Demonstrate experience in required software (AutoCAD, Navisworks, Revit, Faro Scene, )
- Demonstrate effective written and verbal English language communication skills
- Ability to use independent judgement, problem-solving ability, self-starting and ability to prioritize based on relevant factors
- Applicants must be able to perform the physical requirements of the position which may include:
- Lifting of equipment (10-25 pounds)
- Occasional confined space work
- Extended periods of standing
- Exposure to outdoor elements (cold, rain, snow, heat)
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit; use hands to finger, handle or feel; reach with hands and arms; and talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to sit; climb or balance; and stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl. The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 10 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
Equal Employment Opportunity Policy
BOND has a culture of and is committed to treating its employees with dignity and respect and maintaining a work environment that lives by its core values: Integrity, Commitment, Teamwork, Innovation, and Excellence.
BOND is an equal opportunity employer and abides by the requirements of the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) and we are committed to accommodating those with disabilities. We prohibit discrimination and harassment of any type and afford equal employment opportunities to employees and applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex/gender, national origin, age, disability, ancestry, veteran status or military obligations, sexual orientation, reproductive health decision making, genetic information, protective hairstyles, domestic violence experience or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
If you need assistance or accommodation due to a disability, you may contact us at email@example.com or at 617-384-6400.