The Project Manager/Estimator’s primary role is to provide overall administrative and technical direction for self-perform projects. Working closely with the team (specifically with the General Manager of Self-Perform), the PM/Estimator will manage all phases of project delivery and estimation of self-perform projects including cost management, budget forecasting, scheduling, estimating and other areas as assigned.
Salary Range: $100,000 – $120,000
- Perform all aspects of project-related cost management
- Provide technical assistance in developing project approaches, negotiating contracts, change orders, etc., as required
- May assist in the preparation of studies, materials, methods, recommendations, and cost estimates as required
- Procure pricing from subcontractors and material vendors
- Pick up plans and specifications, attend pre-bid meetings and deliver proposals
- Perform quantity take-off
- Support the company’s Safety Program and participate in Safety training and meetings
- Analyze workload and staffing levels proactively and work to resolve issues related to manpower
- Support CM Project management team in the development of monthly reports including the forecasting of labor and overall cost to complete.
- Support project team in the development of project-specific quality control checklists and overall QA/QC program
- Assist in the recruitment and development of craft labor
- Must have strong skills in understanding strategy of the “Master Project Plan” with ability to anticipate issues and opportunities.
- Demonstrated knowledge of construction cycle related to aspects of full scope of work, estimates, plans, and specifications
- Estimating-Drywall, door and hardware, ACT, millwork and Division 10 spec sections.
- Be able to proactively influence and establish positive working relationships with clients, unions, subcontractors and BOND employees
- Must be detail-oriented, organized, flexible, and able to effectively multitask while working in a fast-paced environment
- Preparation of submittals and RFIs
- Possesses excellent time management and prioritization skills to ensure deadlines are met while providing accurate deliverables
- Knowledge of Primavera, Scheduling Software, Document Management Software, MS Project software and Microsoft Office (Excel, Word, PowerPoint, and Outlook) is desired
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit; use hands to finger, handle or feel; reach with hands and arms; and talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to sit; climb or balance; and stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl. The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 10 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.