Job Type/Classification: Full Time (Exempt)
Minimum Experience: 8 yrs w/degree; 12 yrs w/o degree
Compensation: Commensurate with experience
Reports to: Vice President, Northern New England
The Project Manager’s primary role is to provide overall administrative and technical direction for projects up to $25M. Working in concert with Superintendents, PMs manage all aspects of project delivery including estimating, cost management, budget forecasting, scheduling and contract negotiation. Responsible for leading all aspects of a project’s construction phase and serve as the point person for daily interaction with the client and engineers. Project Managers oversee a staff that could include Superintendents, Assistant Superintendents, Foremen, Project Engineers, etc. and must be willing to travel during the week as needed for projects.
- Perform all aspects of project-related cost management
- Assist in the development and maintenance of the construction schedule. Monitor schedule and collaborate with team and subcontractors to meet milestones
- Be able to successfully perform take-offs and budgets for estimates of up to $25M
- Collaborate on larger estimates
- Assist in the developing, tracking and completing the project QA/QC program
- Implement the company’s Safety Program
- Identify project issues and escalate to next level of management as necessary
- Develop strong relationship with Client by constant communication of schedules, financials and construction progress
- Motivate and develop subcontractor responses as a business partner to BOND.
- Keep management informed by providing monthly cost reports including forecasting of labor and subcontractor exposure
- BS in Engineering or related degree or equivalent work experience
- Proven management insight to maximize employee productivity and performance. Complete understanding of industry practices, processes, and standards
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills are essential
- Participation in industry organizations; ability to bring in new client opportunities. Willingness to travel for work
- Must have software skills and database software experience with HeavyJob, HeavyBid, InSight Sitework, Vela, Primavera P6, MS Office and MS Project.
- OSHA 30-Hour Training
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit; use hands to finger, handle or feel; reach with hands and arms; and talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to sit; climb or balance; and stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl. The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 10 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.