The Project Controls Specialist/Analyst delivers his/her expertise to operations and project teams in collaboration with other disciplines to provide insight into project performance (historical, current and trending), create efficiencies, develop best practices, seek continuous improvement opportunities and improve activity production.
- Analyze project activity performance ratios to assess current activity performance vs. budget
- Drive project teams to deliver tangible measurements in the areas of continuous improvement
- Conducts fact gathering and intensive quantitative and qualitative data analysis to document, quantify, and specify process improvement efforts
- Serve as a catalyst to identify and recommend improved project activity performance through capacity planning, resource allocation, staff scheduling, performance measurement and productivity improvement
- Assess inefficiencies occurring in project activities and makes recommendations for improving bottlenecks
- Assists project teams establish production and cost reporting metrics at beginning of project for best tracking and analysis throughout life of project.
- Develops and maintains production/cost tracking manual and provides annual as well as project/personnel specific training as needed.
- Develop and implement streamlined Project Management protocols and standards in order to increase efficiencies and control
- Work with Estimating Team and G&W to provide relevant historical project data for future estimates, purchases and in-depth analysis as required.
- Collaborates with Division Controller and VP of Operations in evaluating monthly cost reports
- Identification of continuous improvement opportunities that support organizational and operational initiatives.
- 7+ years of Construction experience
- 5+ years of Project Management experience
- BS in Construction Management or Civil Engineering or Equivalent
- Experience with process/ continuous improvement
- Demonstration of robust leadership skills
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Solid interpersonal and communication skills
- Solid presentation skills
- PMP Designation or ability to secure within 1 year
- Knowledge of a variety of software packages (MS Suite, P6, HCSS, Timberline, COINS, etc)
- Understanding of organizational change management with ability to drive initiatives from concept to implementation to close out.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit; use hands to finger, handle or feel; reach with hands and arms; and talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to stand and walk. The employee must regularly lift or move objects up to 10 pounds and may lift or move objects up to 25 pounds.