Working as an integral part of the Construction Project Team, the Project Accountant will provide quality financial services to the project which include job cost analysis, reporting, contract compliance, billings, requisition/invoice processing. The Project Accountant must adhere to BOND’s policies and procedures and will communicate any concerns or potential risk items to management.
- Act as a liaison between the project team and accounting/finance.
- Respond to all financial inquiries in an accurate and timely manner.
- Ensure project setup financial/accounting requirements are complete including kickoff meetings, forms, budgets.
- Monitor and analyze the financial status of assigned projects.
- Ensure monthly owner billings are accurate and complete in accordance with owner contract and recorded and submitted timely.
- Maintain accurate accounts receivable aging and drive proactive collection efforts.
- Ensure project’s vendor invoices and subcontractor requisitions are processed/approved/paid accurately & timely.
- Assist the project team with the preparation of monthly cost reports and cash flow projections.
- Ensure contract files are maintained and compliant with all contract requirements, executed documents, insurance, bonding, lien waivers, sales tax laws etc.
- Ensure subcontractor compliance processes are adhered to and maintained.
- Ensure jobs are reconciled accurately and closed out timely.
- Perform various project related analysis, reconciliations, and financial reporting.
- Provide in-person support at our satellite offices or jobsites as needed.
- Assist other departments with ad hoc requests.
- Support job audits.
- Work on special projects as directed by the Financial Manager or Senior Project Accountant.
- Exceptional time-management skills to ensure deadlines are met while providing accurate deliverables.
- Must be detail-oriented, flexible, and able to effectively multi-task in a fast-paced environment.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to develop positive working relationships.
- Must display initiative and independent thinking.
- Bachelor’s degree in Finance/Accounting or related degree or equivalent experience.
- Strong knowledge of Microsoft Office required.
- Experience with COINS or Heavy Job software a plus
- Construction industry and/or project accounting experience preferred.
Equal Employment Opportunity Policy
BOND has a culture of and is committed to treating its employees with dignity and respect and maintaining a work environment that lives by its core values: Integrity, Commitment, Teamwork, Innovation, and Excellence.
BOND is an equal opportunity employer and abides by the requirements of the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) and we are committed to accommodating those with disabilities. We prohibit discrimination and harassment of any type and afford equal employment opportunities to employees and applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex/gender, national origin, age, disability, ancestry, veteran status or military obligations, sexual orientation, reproductive health decision making, genetic information, protective hairstyles, domestic violence experience or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
If you need assistance or accommodation due to a disability, you may contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or at 617-384-6400.