Working as an integral part of the Construction Project Team, the Senior Project Accountant will provide quality financial services to the project which include job cost analysis, reporting, contract compliance, billings, requisition/invoice processing primarily on larger/more complex projects. Provide support and training to fellow project Accountants. Senior Project Accountant must adhere to BOND’s policies and procedures and will communicate any concerns or potential risk items to management.
Salary Range: $90,000 – $105,000
- Train and mentor Project Accountant team members
- Oversee accounts receivable and drive proactive collection efforts of the PAs & PMs
- Assist project Accountant to ensure jobs are reconciled accurately and closed out timely
- Coordinate job audits with project Accountants and accounting manager
- Work on special projects as directed by the Controller or CFO
- Respond to all financial inquiries in an accurate and timely manner
- Ensure project setup financial/accounting requirements are complete including kickoff meetings, forms, budgets
- Monitor and analyze the financial status of assigned projects
- Ensure monthly owner billings are accurate and complete in accordance with owner contract and recorded and submitted timely
- Ensure project’s vendor invoices and subcontractor requisitions are processed/approved/paid accurately & timely
- Assist the project team with the preparation of monthly cost report and cash flow projections
- Ensure contract files are maintained and compliant with all contract requirements, executed documents, insurance, bonding, lien waivers, sales tax laws etc.
- Perform various project related analysis, reconciliations, and financial reporting
- Ensure accounting (COINS) and operations (Prolog) systems reconcile monthly
- Provide in-person support at our satellite offices or jobsites as needed
- Exceptional time-management skills to ensure deadlines are met while providing accurate deliverables
- Must be detail-oriented, flexible, and able to effectively multi-task in a fast-paced environment
- Excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to develop positive working relationships
- Must display initiative and independent thinking
- Bachelor’s degree in Finance/Accounting or related degree
- Strong knowledge of Microsoft Office required
- Intermediate Microsoft Excel Skills – Lookups, pivot tables, index and match
- Experience with Timberline, Prolog, or COINS, software a plus
- Experience with AIA Billing for GMP projects required
- Experience working on projects for public entities preferred
- Construction industry and/or project accounting experience required
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit; use hands to finger, handle or feel; reach with hands and arms; and talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to sit; climb or balance; and stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl. The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 10 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.