The Assistant Superintendent’s primary role is to provide support to the Superintendent and Field Staff to ensure the team accurately builds the construction project in compliance with the plans and contract documents.
Salary Range: $81,000 – $93,000
- Oversee the tracking and updating of construction documents in accordance with changes in scope
- Monitor and assist the Superintendent with onsite safety and compliance
- Read and maintain all project documentation for the site
- Work collaboratively with management keeping them informed of progress and summarizing information and trends
- Review and analyze contract documents
- Proactively identify and report omissions or errors by subcontractors, architects, engineers and other project team members
- BS in engineering or related discipline or equivalent work experience in the construction industry with specific surveying experience
- Understanding of blueprints, contract documents, including Owner Contract and Subcontracts
- Professional certifications (OSHA, First Aid, CPR, etc.)
- Demonstrated experience with scheduling process and use of a project plan
- Basic understanding and experience with surveying equipment and layout work
- Must be detail-oriented, organized, flexible, and able to effectively multitask while working in a fast-paced environment
- Must have excellent time management and prioritization skills to ensure deadlines are met while providing accurate deliverables
- Must have a working knowledge of Microsoft Office (Excel, Word, Power Point, and Outlook)
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit; use hands to finger, handle or feel; reach with hands and arms; and talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to sit; climb or balance; and stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl. The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 10 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.