The Director of Project Controls provides leadership across the company to support the project delivery, operations, and financial teams, while supporting an overall business strategy that is in alignment with the company’s long-range goals. At the company level, the Director of Project Controls is involved from a high level in the monthly financial closing and rollup of the risks and opportunities across the company. They are the functional leader for our cost, scheduling, planning, and business forecasting functions operating with an emphasis on accurate, audited, validated project reporting.
Salary Range: $170,000 – $180,000
- Ensure the development of best practice tools, creation of continuous improvement opportunities, identification of efficiencies in design and process flows, and analyzation and deployment of the tools that help project teams evaluate the risks and opportunities on each project
- Drive project controls (cost and scheduling) best practices and process improvements into normal field operations
- Lead a revitalized culture of accountability in project cost control, quality and schedule management, accurate progress assessment, and forecasting across the organization
- Promote the rapid sharing of best practices and lessons learned across the organization by supporting standard and ad hoc
- Lead a team of Project Controls Specialists, responsible for professional development opportunities, continuous feedback, and support standard and ad hoc training sessions to enhance the operational / financial acumen of project teams and field personnel
- Partner with Regional VP and Director of Project Management, leveraging your thought leadership skills, to develop a solid working relationship that ensures alignment and a continuous communication loop
- Maintain frequent interface with the regional senior and vice presidents ensuring alignment with their needs from your department
- Collaborate with Financial Manager in measuring and reporting on monthly project financial results, risk assessment and issue communication plans
- Ensure PCS’ are conducting regular job site and team office visits to ensure adherence to project requirements and to facilitate communications between field and office
- Routine travel to major field sites and regional offices
- 10+ years Construction experience, 7+ years in Project Management or combined PM and Project Controls Management experience
- BS in Construction Management or Civil Engineering or Equivalent
- Proven hands-on experience with Project Reporting Software, Process and Continuous Improvement
- Must display leadership, initiative and independent thinking
- Requires exceptional interpersonal skills and the ability to develop positive working relationships with a focus on results and accountability
- Must have excellent time management and prioritization skills to ensure deadlines are met while providing accurate deliverables
- Requires strong communication and organizational skills with the ability to effectively follow through and influence
- Must be detail-oriented, flexible, and able to effectively multitask while working in a fast-paced environment
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit; use hands to finger, handle or feel; reach with hands and arms; and talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to stand and walk. The employee must regularly lift or move objects up to 10 pounds and may lift or move objects up to 25 pounds.