The Client Executive, NYC/NJ will report to the Director Client Strategy, BOND Civil & Utility Construction and is responsible for executing the market strategies, client development initiatives, account based management, and sales process for the region. Working closely with the Leadership, Estimating and Business Development, and Operation teams, the CX will ensure our clients, opportunities, sectors, and go to market strategies are well developed, supported by data, and are executed in a manner to drive future results.
The position is a leadership position within the firm and includes responsibility for the following specific functions:
- Regional Strategy – Develop, maintain, and execute a Regional Strategy that addresses accounts and opportunities that support the annual Regional and Subsidiary Business Plans along with the Long-Range Strategic Plan. This strategy should be segmented by region and work type, should identify the pipeline of opportunities, identify and address established and shifting market trends, identify our ability to compete, and address the potential Gross Margin we can expect.
- Account Based Management– Manage assigned accounts by region, understand how each account fit within our book of business, the individual opportunities presented with those accounts, how our value propositions align with the accounts, and develop a strategic approach for how we sell and execute work for each account. The success of this competency will be driven by CX’s ability to develop lasting relationships with each client, and/or facilitate the relationship building across the BOND Civil & Utility Construction zipper plan
- Zipper Plan – Develop and execute zipper plans for assigned accounts. The plan should focus the efforts of the entire BOND Civil & Utility Construction team with each account’s Priority Contacts. This should include maintaining leadership level relationships and pulling in a cross section of our personnel from project teams up through corporate leadership as appropriate.
- Pipeline Development and Project Selection – Understand the market opportunities, our ability to compete and win-work in each sector and region. Identify, understand the project and our ability to compete, track project development progress, and prioritize the individual opportunities we expect to compete on in relation to available resources and our existing backlog.
- Capture Planning – Develop and execute a Capture Plan (Pre-Sell) to kick-off an opportunity or new account Support a cross-functional team consisting of Business Development, Regional Operations, Technical Experts, Subsidiary and Corporate Leadership, Estimating Marketing, and Risk Management in pursuing Priority Opportunities. Maintain engagement in relevant regional pursuits to ensure client expectation compliance throughout the pursuit.
- Work Plan – Maintain and publish a Work Plan based on a qualified handicapped pipeline of opportunities to gauge progress towards hitting our goals and to be used as a planning tool
- Account Based Marketing – Work with our team to align the marketing effort with our Target Accounts and Target Opportunities.
- Market Presence – Ensure BOND Civil & Utility Construction has the proper market presence at regional and industry events and associations.
- Sales Engine – Support all Sales Engine activity as it relates to the region.
- Dashboards and Reporting – Support data reports to communicate these target opportunities, target accounts, and other pertinent data to leadership and regional teams. Coordinate, prepare and lead monthly regional BD meetings.
- Risk Management – Ensure Contract Risk, general Risk Management, Safety, and QA/QC are followed and communicated to regional leadership during the preliminary engagement on all client and project pursuits; Identify and offer mitigation strategies for risks identified during project pursuits that meet both BOND Civil & Utility Construction And Client Expectations.
- Project Execution – Act as needed in an operations role on existing projects and select projects acquired in the future.
- A Bachelor’s degree, preferably in engineering, business, or construction management or equivalent experience
- Has extensive experience and knowledge of all aspects of civil and utility construction
- Strategic thinker able to translate thinking into plans, goals, and role assignments with measures to ensure implementation
- Solutions oriented—Proactively assesses and addresses current and potential challenges within the organization and in the marketplace and competitive landscape
- Leads through commitment–Engages and motivates individuals and teams
- Possesses excellent communication skills at all levels
- Ability to influence at all levels of the organization and secure resources to drive initiatives and implement strategies and strategic change
- Compels Accountability—holding self and others accountable in a constructive manner that facilitates growth and development