Working as an integral part of the Construction Project Team, the Assistant Project Accountant will provide quality financial services to the project which include reporting, contract compliance, billings, requisition/invoice processing. The Project Accountant must adhere to BOND’s policies and procedures and will communicate any concerns or potential risk items to management.
- Act as a liaison between the project team and accounting/finance
- Respond to all financial inquiries in an accurate and timely manner
- Assist project accountants with preparation of monthly owner billings
- Process project’s vendor invoices and subcontractor requisitions accurately & timely
- Maintain contract files and track all compliant contract requirements, executed documents, sales tax laws, insurance, bonding, lien waivers, certified payroll, CCIP reporting, etc.
- Perform various project related analysis, reconciliations, and financial reporting
- Provide in-person support at our satellite offices or jobsites as needed
- Assist project accountants and other departments with ad hoc requests
- Work on special projects as directed by the Divisional Controller
- Exceptional time-management skills to ensure deadlines are met while providing accurate deliverables
- Must be detail-oriented, flexible, and able to effectively multi-task in a fast-paced environment
- Excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to develop positive working relationships
- Must display initiative and independent thinking
- Bachelor’s degree in Finance/Accounting or equivalent work experience
- Strong knowledge of Microsoft Office required
- Experience with Timberline, Prolog, or Heavy Job software a plus
- Construction industry and/or project accounting experience preferred
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit; use hands to finger, handle or feel; reach with hands and arms; and talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to sit; climb or balance; and stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl. The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 10 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
Equal Employment Opportunity Policy
BOND has a culture of and is committed to treating its employees with dignity and respect and maintaining a work environment that lives by its core values: Integrity, Commitment, Teamwork, Innovation, and Excellence.
BOND is an equal opportunity employer and abides by the requirements of the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) and we are committed to accommodating those with disabilities. We prohibit discrimination and harassment of any type and afford equal employment opportunities to employees and applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex/gender, national origin, age, disability, ancestry, veteran status or military obligations, sexual orientation, reproductive health decision making, genetic information, protective hairstyles, domestic violence experience or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
If you need assistance or accommodation due to a disability, you may contact us at email@example.com or at 617-384-6400.